I seriously can't believe the month is February is wrapping up! I would love to think that means spring is around the corner, but in Alabama that would not typically be the case. It's not unusual for us to have some of our coldest weather this time of year - it's so crazy!!
Avery and Kathleen had a great time last night. I let them stay up watching TV until 10:00 and then Princess settled in and they all fell asleep - or so I would like to think :) They were up bright and early this morning and quickly begging for breakfast. Usually when Avery has spend the night company, they fix themselves breakfast since they get up so early. They're too hungry to wait for us to get up (at a decent hour - 7:00 MAYBE 8:00) and fix something. However, Avery picked out some cinnamon rolls she wanted me to make for this sleepover. So, I reluctantly rolled out of bed around the second time she came into our room this morning.
I was looking back over some older blog postings and came across my 8:00 post from Day 2. That got me wondering, what happened to that "rule" we put in place? It sure isn't being observed!!!
After breakfast, we quickly got ready and headed to church. Kathleen seemed to enjoy her visit to our church today which made me really happy. After church, we dropped Kathleen off at her house since she had an early afternoon cookie sale for Girl Scouts.
It didn't take long for me to realize that Avery was in a FOUL mood and it was not meshing well with me. I know she was worn out from softball yesterday and the lack of sleep with the sleepover, but her attitude was B.A.D. I was hoping that a phone call from her NaNa offering to take her shopping for some spring clothes would be just the thing to perk her up. Nope, it didn't help a bit. In fact, she even got a "talking to" from her NaNa!! Any improvement? Negative.
So, Avery was the lucky recipient of a nap once we arrived home. You would have thought her world had come to an end. I really think she would have preferred a spanking over having to sleep - but that's just Avery, she is not a fan of any extra sleep! Needless to say, she cried about 5 minute and was quickly asleep. It took me forever to wake her up too - she even went BACK to sleep!! Once I finally managed to wake her up, she just wanted to lay in the bed so I snapped this precious photo of Princess curled up with her.
Wes decided to treat us to some grilled BBQ chicken and corn on the cob for dinner. It was beyond yummy and really hit the spot!!
Thanks sweetie!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You know I read your stories about Avery and her sleep patterns and I realize they have more than just early rising in common. Mason HATES sleep with a passion. He has from birth - it's ridiculous! Sleep is a gift! lol
My oldest was that way too. And now she sleeps a whole lot, but still keeps that most messed up hours. I keep trying to get her to get on some type of schedule, but it's just not happening.
Post a Comment