I actually listened to the doctor this time and stayed home from work today. My cough is getting better so maybe {{fingers and toes crossed}} these new medicines are working.
Nothing like waking up to no hot water (due to hot water heater going out Sunday night). However, unlike Wes, I didn't go to his parent's house last night for a hot shower. I HAD to bathe this morning, so I jumped in the tub and bathed SUPER fast in freezing cold water. Did I mention the water was ice cold?!?
If I had known that the plumbers would arrive by 8:00, the above mentioned icy bath wouldn't have been necessary. Sometimes it is helpful to know such tidbits of information :)
Needless to say, we had a new hot water heater installed by 10:30 - woo hoo!!!
Hot water followed a few hours later after the tank filled back up.
Oh, in case you are wondering....it should NOT take all night for a 50 gallon water heater to drain. Why did ours drain all night? Well, that would be because the valve was damaged and would not completely shut off so water ran to it all night long. Yep, that would be the same water we were draining out with the water hose!! I'm really not looking forward to seeing our water bill this month.After a weekend full of thinking and talking about Wes's truck situation, we finally decided to replace the engine with a used engine. That will allow us to stay on our financial plan, still get me the next car, and be the most cost effective.
{{sigh}} Sometimes being a grown up just isn't fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment