I surprised Wes and Avery with a candlelit breakfast today before church
complete with these adorable dishes I found at Target - part of the cuteness is covered by the edge of that pancake crust :( - the bottom corner has "i heart u" in red typography - they are sooo stinkin' cute!!!
I made pink pancackes in the shape of hearts, scrambled eggs, and sausage links and Avery was in love with those pancakes! I don't know how, but we managed to make it out the door and to church just in the nick of time.
After church, Wes treated us to lunch. We went to Cornerstone which was a restaurant that Avery and I had never been to before. They served a meat and three menu for lunch and it was very good. When we finished lunch, we told Avery that we had one more stop to make before heading home. Of course, she moaned and groaned so we told her she could just stay in the car (she didn't know where we were heading).
After driving across town, we pull up to the animal shelter/Humane Society and she just sits there and looks. Wes and I both turn around and look at Avery - she doesn't have a clue what is going on. She looks at the signs - "animal intake" and "administration" and asks, "where are we?" Wes finally says, "Happy Valentine's Day!!!" She just starts screaming and jumps out of the car.
Or so we think.
Would it have been a good idea to find out if they actually have any kittens before going? Yep
Did I do that? Nope
Will we be checking back on Wednesday and again on Friday of this week? Most definitely
They did have full grown cats, but considering that we have two dogs and a cat we really think getting a kitten and having it grow up with our animals will be better. I must say that I was really proud of Avery - she did sooo good leaving there empty handed.
After getting home, we sat down together and exchanged cards and gifts.
I got a bluetooth for my phone - yippee!! Considering how much I talk, this will be WELL used!!!
Avery got this adorable new Webkinz she named Heart and these neon pink Chuck Taylors that she has been searching for.
We could only find them in adult sizes and she wanted them so badly. I finally searched online and found them at the Converse site in youth sizes!! She was so excited!
We saved the best gift for last. I went WAAAAYYYY out on a limb with a gift for Wes this year. I knew that I spent more money than I needed to or should have, but I bought him an 8GB iPod Touch.
Don't ya just love the expression on his face?!? He was beyond surprised! At first I wasn't sure he would even keep it. However, one he took it out of the box and started playing around with it I knew he was hooked. I couldn't even get him to come to bed that night!!!!
We really were planning to come home with an animal to occupy her evening, but that didn't work out. So, Avery decided to invite Sydney over to spend the night :) They got along really well and played great together. The evening was going way too good to be Valentine's night....
Avery walks into our room around 6:30 and says, "I don't feel good, I think I'm gonna throw up." Of course, we tell her to go to the bathroom. She doesn't quite make it all the way there and gets sick all over the bathroom door, floor, rug, and herself - yuck! She gets sick a few more times within the next hour. Luckily, it wasn't a stomach bug or anything. Just her acid reflux acting up. The "bad" foods she consumed today - LOTS of syrup (on those pancakes), a piece of chocalate to "wash down" her medicine, a cupcake and candy at church, and a Burger King kids meal (chicken and fries). All of those foods are "no no's" with her acid reflux, but she has been doing so good lately that we both have gotten kinda lax about it. No more!




No comments:
Post a Comment