Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 56/365 - February 25

Our vehicle saga continues, but we've finally made a decision! We are getting rid of Wes's Chevy truck and buying a "new to us" Ford truck.

As much as Wes loved his Chevy, it really has been a piece of junk in my opinion. Just crazy stuff - headliner peeling, A/C compressor troubles, door molding falling off, dash lights randomly stop working - that shouldn't happen to a six year old car with 77,000 miles. Not to mention the engine problem. So, we decided to cut our losses and not sink any more money into it.

Our original plan was to get a new car for me since it's "my turn" in our grand scheme. However, I couldn't decide what I wanted and felt rushed and pressured to make a choice. We finally realized since we were keeping my truck anyway, it would make the most sense to get Wes a new truck.

Today's photo is hopefully the last I'll see of our green lemon!

Hopefully tomorrow I can show you our new pride and joy :)

Funny story - my days have been all off due to being out sick one day plus being behind on my blog posting. Avery's Jump Rope for Heart money was due at school on 02/25 (which I was well aware of, but thought it was next week). Of course I didn't have all the money and paperwork together since I thought it wasn't due yet. So, while I was heading to Birmingham this morning for work, Wes calls asking about her Jump Rope for Heart money. I respond that it's not due until the 25th and after a few minutes of conversation, I finally realize that would be today - woops!

Luckily, I'm able to tell Wes where everything is and he gets it together fairly easily. However, it makes them 15 minutes late leaving for school. The craziest part of the story would be the phone call from Wes about 30 minutes later after he gets to work. When getting out of his truck, he looks over and realizes that Avery left the Jump Rope for Heart envelope (and money) on the dashboard in the truck! Of course that meant he had to go back to school. Oh, the joys of a crazy morning!

No comments: