Princess has still not been for her first vet visit though and it's very much past due. So, I called and they said it would be fine to bring Avery in - fever and all. We all pack up and head to the vet's office.
Of course Princess had to explore everything, but she did really well. Turns out she is actually 15 weeks old - a little older than we thought. Based on this they were able to go ahead and give her all three rounds of her shots. She did fine up until that third and final shot. It must have been a doozy because she just cried and it was pitiful :(
I must say that I was proud of myself for not getting suckered into all the "extra" stuff they try to sell you on. And let me tell ya, they try to sell it to you! All these tests for blah, blah, blah. I finally asked the tech if there was anything they could do if Princess tested positive for xyz disease. Her response was something along the lines of quality of life, etc. I asked if it would cure her, help her live longer, etc and she said well, no. I promptly passed.
Don't get me wrong. I'm all for doing what's needed and taking care of our pets, but some of this stuff is just CRAZY!!
I will tell you that I could've killed that tech though. She was kind enough to tell Avery about:
- buying a harness to walk the cat - really?!?
- starting her on baths now so she can get use to the water - seriously?!?
- buying a bag to carry her around in when she gets older - huh?!?
While we were out, I also stopped by the school and picked up Avery's school work for the week. Holy cow, that's gonna take a while! We did get started on it and she actually completed one day's worth of work this afternoon. Four more to go...
I also ran into our old church to sign Avery up for children's camp next week. She went last year and has been begging to go again. At first I said no since we weren't actively attending church at EHBC any longer. However, Wes said that since we haven't moved our membership it would be fine for her to attend.
Of course, Avery stayed in the car with Princess at school and church and she really didn't think our time out of the house constituted time out of the house. Luckily, by the time we got home, her fever had officially broken - woo hoo!!! I told her that if she was still feeling good and fever free tomorrow, I would take her to Target and/or WalMart so she could spend some of her money.
Oh, and how could I almost forget...thanks SO much to wonderful tech at the vet's office today. Avery has decided that we need to get Princess use to the water. Guess what that means? Yep, bath time. The only saving grace was that Princess got her nails trimmed at the vet today. Otherwise, it would have been pretty ugly!
Look at that sweet baby trying to put herself back together after being traumatized.




2 comments:
oh man. a cat bath? that just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen! and i really want you to get a harness because how cute would those pictures be of Avery walking her!! =)
Oh my goodness Kelli! Sorry Avery has been so sick. I haven't been on my reader in several days now...I'm glad she is doing so much better. And how cute is your cat!?! Adorable!! I agree with Tanya...harness pics would be great! :)
Post a Comment