It's Friday, still feeling pretty crummy, but IT'S FRIDAY!!!!
And guess what??? After making my daily phone calls to all three Humane Shelters in our area, I found one that had kittens - woo hoo!!
I left work at noon so that I could go to Avery's Valentine's Day Party at school that was postponed a week due to our snow day last Friday. Avery wanted to give both of her teachers Brickle for their gift. It is a homemade candy that she took them at Christmas. They both LOVED it and were excited to receive more for Valentine's Day. I love the little boxes I found to put it in - so adorable!!
Avery enjoyed the party too. She is a total nut and loves to make people laugh (even at her own expense).
We arrived at the shelter and they showed us a group of 4 kittens that were around 8 weeks old that just arrived the day before. They also showed us a 9 week old male kitten that had been there quite a while longer. After playing with ALL of them, Avery picked out this adorable solid black female kitten.
I'm still not totally convinced she didn't favor this one because it was female, but what can ya do??? She quickly announced that her name would be "Princess" and this was due to the fact that we "never let her name any of the animals in our house before" - too funny!
We took Princess home and ran out to pick up the needed items - litter box, food, and of course toys and accessories :)
Avery is in total and complete love with her new baby as she calls her. I'm not sure yet who is happier - that cat or Avery!




3 comments:
aww!! Princess is beautiful!!! i love that she is all black!! so cute =)
I am so glad to hear that she finally has her cat! AND, Kelli, that brickle?!?!?!? YUM that looks SO good! Would you consider sharing how you make it?
Boy am I behind. I hadn't even seen this. How exciting for Avery and you. Princess is adorable. And tell her she did a great thing picking a black kitten. They're great but tend to stay in the shelter much longer than the other kittens.
Post a Comment