It was like pulling teeth to get Avery out of bed this morning. Good thing I let Wes handle it!
Avery tried out a small taste of her candy snack mix that hardened overnight and quickly decided it was delish! Really, what's better than candy in the morning to get ya going?
When I picked Avery up from school this afternoon, she quickly pulled out this origami hat they made in library today.
The school is currently undergoing their SAIS/SACS accreditation that takes place once every five years. Due to this, Avery's class wasn't able to have full library time today so the librarian read them a section on these origami hats and helped each of them make one.
The BIG event of the day was the surprise box I found on the front porch this afternoon!!
My camera was damaged back during our February snow storm. Wes (who is never again allowed to touch or even speak about my baby) didn't like my idea of pulling the garbage can under the carport for a timed picture because the privacy fence would be behind us. He thought it would look better to have the backyard as the background. So he came up with the idea place the camera inside a styrofoam cooler on top of the trash can (to protect it from the snow). Sounds like a great idea, right? Well, it would have been if there hadn't been a strong wind that caught the lightweight cooler and knocked it to the ground. Of course, my camera went crashing down along with it.
Deep down, I knew my baby was broken. However, it still worked so so. I was in denial :( I really wanted to make it through softball, vacation, etc with my fabulous camera! However, during our trip to Savannah, it finally went kaput. As soon as we got back from Savannah, I headed to Best Buy to send it in for repairs.
Can you tell that I {heart} my camera? Seriously, I found a way to scrimp and save grocery money each month just to buy it! To this day, it is a purchase that I have not regretted one single time!OK, back to our regularly scheduled program (not my obsession with my camera).
Avery had a softball game tonight. They are currently down to only 10 players due to one girl who broke her foot (luckily it wasn't ball related). Unfortunately, the injured girl is the alternate catcher. This means that Avery had to play catcher all night long - she usually gets to play an inning or two at 2nd base as well. To top things off, she took a hard pitch directly to her upper arm/shoulder while playing catcher. Good thing they pulled out at 14-2 win!! I'm so proud of our team and the amazing job Wes has done coaching them!
Yet another late night. Can you guess how tomorrow's post is gonna start??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh my gosh, that is a crazy story about what happened to your camera! I am trying to visualize the styrofoam cooler falling...glad you have it back!!!
i didn't know you had a Sony Alpha!!! That is the camera i have too!! Becca1976 is the only other person i have come across with the same camera till now! We should start a club =)
Post a Comment